Welcome, Commander (Official Elite Dangerous Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Welcome, Commander (Official Elite Dangerous Thread)

#21 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:30 am

I did a Ceos run in my python, with more than double the cargo space since I last went there. It's the place where there are 2 Fed systems next to each other but 400ly from any others. The whole thing probably took me towards 4 hours but I made just over 40 million. If I do it once more I might buy another Python and finally do some serious mining. Or I could save up for a proper end game ship like the Anaconda.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#22 Post by Revolver » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 am

Yeah, I have a few for different systems, but I'm definitely (hmmm) in the right system. Well, I'm in the one it tells me to be in, at least.

That python run is insane! How much cargo capacity do you have?
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#23 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am

I think I have 232 right now. You can go a bit higher in the Python but I also have a class 4 fuel scoop (not suitable for exploration but more than fine for this), Advanced discovery scanner and docking computer. You can get a little more by using a lesser scoop and removing the scanner and/or docking computer.

The thing is, when I went with the Asp with around 100 cargo space, you really need to go round and round a lot, trying to find the delivery missions that are for 2 to 6 units of cargo. This is to maximise your final trip home delivery profits. But with the Python, your constraint isn't the amount of cargo so much as the maximum number of missions you can have at once. You can only have 20 missions, which means that they are much easier to find since you can pick up a load of 12 tonne and even a couple of 16 tonne jobs and still not run out of space.

Of course going round and round trying to find 2 or 6 tonne missions isn't wasted time - you are earning money whilst completing dozens of Federation quests for rep and rank.

You can make your mission hunting go faster if you "mission log". Frowned upon by some in the community - basically, if you are in solo, then you can log out and back in to open play which refreshes the mission list. Then do it again for private group.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#24 Post by