Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#211 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:42 pm

I did a tempered VH with the Gunlance. It was fine enough I suppose. 2 carts (5 feint investigation) and took 25 minutes but I'm still getting used to movement with the GL. Also, I would REALLY appreciate some quick sheath skill whatever that's called but I don't think I can spare the room.

Got a streamstone (wrong weapon) but augmented a few armour pieces. Still need more Wyvern gems.

Does seem rather OP having a shield. I can even block through an effluvial blast thingy. I mean I take some damage but not that much. I only have Guard lvl 2 as well.

ANyway, I think I will probably try and farm a bunch of VH, rather than moving on to the next tempered elder. It seems like getting the health regain augment would make all the others easier. Although depending on whether Teostra's nuclear explosion is blockable or not, maybe that would be ok as well.

Is it after 5 tempered elders that you get the Rocksteady mantle? You just get it automatically or something you have to do?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#212 Post by Reyes » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:07 am

It's 3 (different ones) and you have to do a quest, vh and odo
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#213 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:27 pm

So obviously we're not playing this massive amounts any more..

I did a little recently though. The blossom event has a load of stuff to do. The rocket powered great sword looks good and is probably also the best GS for dmg too.

If you do the dailies, you get a new type of armour sphere which is worth 200 armour spheres at once.

There's a bunch of outfits. I think even the crappy outfits can be good because they all seem to have a bunch of extra jewel slots.

And I tried tempered Teostra. I only did it once so far but it was super smooth. Faster and easier than Vaal Hazak I think. The nuclear explosion is indeed easily blockable.

I think I will try tempered Deviljho. I think It'll probably be too hard for me (no weapon augments yet) but I might as well try it while the event is on.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#214 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Oh and one other thing.. I read this some time ago and it was just anecdotal but in my limited experience it seems to work out.

So, you have 3 variables in an investigation. Number of players, time limit, and number of feints.

If your tempered investigation has 4 players, 50 minutes and 3 (or 5) feints, the chance of getting a streamstone in your rewards seems to be incredibly low. Maybe a single digit percentage.

However, if you have an investigation where ANY one of those things is lower, then the chances of getting a streamstone are hugely improved. Maybe as high as 50% in my low data experience.

Obviously, number of players is the easiest one, when you are playing solo anyway. And time limit is no problem if it's 30 minutes. I will still do a 2 feint investigation if it's VH (or Teostra now).

I'm so convinced about the above, that I don't think I'll ever do a tempered investigation without one of those 3 things being lowered, again.

Reyes
Rofficer

#215 Post by Reyes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 am

Yeah I don't really feel like playing solo much at the moment. I'd be up for a group sesh if we could work out a good time for that
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#216 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 am

I'm up for some.

But Fien probably isn't playing. McClure isn't ready. Cherra plays with McClure.

And 2 man seems way harder than solo.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#217 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Tempered Deviljho done. 3rd try.

I admit, I got some help from Bazel. But believe me, he owed me.

The rewards were rubbish. I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon.