Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#191 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Ah of course. Sounds like a decent challenge then, rather than a nightmare.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#192 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Those sunglasses from the 3 x Tsatsiki quest are awesome. They have triple gem slots!

I didn’t even bother to get them. Oops. They should come back in the blossom festival I guess.

I found this out at 12.44 last night. But my game wasn't even running at that point so thanks to loading times it was 1.01am by the time I wanted to do it for the 2nd time. (I already did it once earlier.)

Anyway, that armour finding site is slightly ruined by them (unless you have them). Because they get returned with every build pretty much.

I did tempered Diablos. Didn't find it very easy. Although a lot my issues were thanks to Bezel as usual.

This week's event quests are lame.

Reyes
Rofficer

#193 Post by Reyes » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:27 pm

So my mantra for tempered hunts is "respect the monster"; don't go for risky openings that can expose you to damage, because the monster can kill you very easily. This can be tricky against something like Bazelgeuse, because he's dropping scales most of the time, so you either have to get in and out very quickly or just stand back for large portions of the fight. The thing about Diablos is that he is most dangerous when he is far away from you or underground. When you are down by his feet there is not much he can do. So it's not so much that the fight is easy as that it kind of forces you to play correctly. But I could see it being trickier if you have less mobility to close the distance so he's charging or digging more often.

I made the shades on the first day they were available; haven't actually used them though. Doing that quest with full stun resist was hilariously trivial
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#194 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah I feel like I should be near his head, because I have a Hammer. Which goes against where I want to be, hitting his legs.

I also get all giddy when I'm on a slope. The charged slide into spinning twat attack (official name) is so much fun. It's just not really "respecting the monster" very much..

I also need to learn to use flash pods. Or screamer when appropriate. Even when somoeone uses them in front of me I still don't get reminded to use them..

Also - what's the etiquette? If you are with someone, let's randomly say, an Insect Glaive user, he or she might want to be at the monster's head because it's blunt damage right? But let's say you have a giant hammer. Does the IG user let the hammer user have right of way? Does the IG user move to the other side or move away? Or if the IG user gets to the head first, is that his right? The hammer user should go somewhere else?

I ask, just in case this ever happens, the IG attacks might interrupt the hammer. And I presume the hammer user is also interrupting the IG user?

Reyes
Rofficer

#195 Post by Reyes » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Insect Glaive is severing, not blunt. Hammer should absolutely have precedence on the head. I was definitely trying to stay away from the head last night, on downed monsters at least, but if I was getting in your way then sorry. I didn't notice getting interrupted at all but I do have some Flinch Free from my Xeno armour.

Flash pods are very useful, I carry around a stack of flashbugs as well so you can craft more without going back to camp.

Fienasre
Legend

#196 Post by Fienasre » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Diablos and black Diablos are easy when you use a guarding weapon. You can block the tunneling attacks... So dealing with tough tempered monsters is also a lesson in knowing which weapon to bring to which fight?
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#197 Post by Revolver » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Thanks for the help the other day, Fien! Nice of you to join us. :)

I should be back to normal-ish hours this week, if anybody's around.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#198 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Fienasre wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:27 pm
Diablos and black Diablos are easy when you use a guarding weapon. You can block the tunneling attacks... So dealing with tough tempered monsters is also a lesson in knowing which weapon to bring to which fight?
I watched a video of someone using foresight slash with a Longsword vs Diablos. So I went to fight low rank Diablos to practice it - and failed every single time.

I think the great sword has something similar, although it sounds simpler than foresight slash. Tackle? Or something.

But yeah, blocking sounds like a good plan..

Fienasre
Legend

#199 Post by Fienasre » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Ha, no it was fun! I hope the chat messages got through. Sorry for not joining the psn party to chat but I was cultivating a headache and could not focus properly on one thing let alone try to have a conversation.

I think normalish hours will still be a bit to much for me. Maybe, though... maybe. Dicking around with the Lance is a lot of fun. I learned how to counter attack yesterday. Things should get even more interesting from now on :ninja:
│o_

Reyes
Rofficer

#200 Post by Reyes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 pm

I've been working back through optional quests and taking the opportunity to try out some more weapons. Sword & shield feels kind of low damage, and switch axe seems to struggle with closing distance, but maybe I just need to learn the combos better. Might try gunlance as well.