Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#41 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Same T-rex. I haven't continued the story after killing the Anjanath. So I have no comments on that Elder dragon part yet.
I like how you address the next fight as a boss fight. Though I guess the t-rex is just trash... Difficult trash, but trash.

Why did I promise to play Overwatch tonight?... I want to fight some more monsters.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#42 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 am

Did a hunt last night and it was extremely frustrating.

In the zone I am in, there is a big gap over a ravine thing, and I can see a vine to swing across, I simply cannot work out how to use that vine. So every time the trail leads over, I have to go miles around half the map.

So then I'm doing the fight, and this other monster keeps bothering me. Just aggro every time it comes anywhere near me. Unlike other monsters that have met in the past, these 2 seems to not dislike each other at all. So I have to fight my monster while dodging the new one. Then mine runs away. So then I have to run away in a random direction (obviously with an educated guess since I saw my monster head that way) until I'm out of combat and get the trail back. So I follow the trail, and it leads me straight back to monster 2. Lose the monster, get the trail back. It leads me to the impossible jump. Have to turn around and go the long way, which leads me past monster 2 again.

This whole sequence happened 3 times and all of this meant my fight took 45 minutes. I was worried I was going to fail and have to do it all again..

Happy that I have the quest to reach the next zone. At least, it sounds like I do..

In other news, I think I am about a 3rd of the way through. At least in terms of the number of my hunts vs the total number. I was a bit disappointed about that but then I thought that I had played almost 20 hours already. And I've only hunted 1 monster multiple times for its armour set so far. And obviously they will get much harder. So maybe 100 hours to "finish" the game, which I've heard here and there, might still be about right.

Also, was really nice to see that the weapon upgrade trees opened up with 2 more whole levels of rarity!
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#43 Post by Revolver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 pm

I never really did understand how to tag your target in the map. Maybe there’s something you can be doing in there to lead you to the right monster?
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#44 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm

The problem is not having scout flies give you the right trail. The problem is that while you are in combat, there is no trail.

I did learn something today though. The dung that you can find here and there, you can throw it at unwanted monsters and they will run away. That might help a little.

Fienasre
Legend

#45 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Concerning the grappling hook... I wondered that myself. The answer apparently is: Aim with L2 and use O. R2 shoots a rock or something but O uses the grappling hook.
I won't be online this evening but tomorrow is a Friday and I want to test a bit.

I know, you are pulling further and further ahead right now. Haven't even gotten to the point where more upgrade levels get available for weapons.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#46 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm

I totally forgot about the grappling hook. I've never used it..

I have a lot of stuff to farm at the moment so hopefully you'll catch up by Saturday.

Fienasre
Legend

#47 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:08 pm

If I would continue the story and not join you for all the hunts you will be conducting for the grind :ninja:
│o_

Reyes
Rofficer

#48 Post by Reyes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm

I still can't buy anything on my PSN account and support were not helpful :mad:
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#49 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 pm

I think I am only 1 monster ahead of you, in terms of story.

But I also killed a monster that the story said I could kill or come back to later. And I killed another monster that just annoyed me..

In other news, my latest kill was quite fun and the armour looked quite nice, so I killed it twice more, and got the complete armour set in 3 kills. Still need it at least once more for a weapon but it definitely went better than the first time I wanted an armour set.

@Reyes - I cannot buy anything through PSN any more. For me it's issues with my bank card(s) billing address(es) not being in the same country as my account. But that's irrelevant. What might be relevant, is that I can still buy stuff as long as I top up my wallet first.

So maybe you could add funds to your wallet by using electronicfirst (for a discount) or by using Amazon (no discount but I can't use Skrill any more and electronicfirst is Skrill only).

Fienasre
Legend

#50 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Reyes wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm
I still can't buy anything on my PSN account and support were not helpful :mad:
Weird. I never had any troubles with buying stuff. How do you normally pay? Topping the wallet from outside PSN or credit card or ...??
│o_