Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Reyes
Rofficer

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#51 Post by Reyes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm

I use Paypal, but my account was hacked last year and I had to go through support to get it back. I haven't tried buying anything since then so it's probably related to that.

I'll try the topup cards; I was considering it last night, but didn't really know which were the best sites for them
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#52 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:18 pm

I've used

http://www.electronicfirst.com/

8 or 10 times maybe.

Always got the code between 5-20 minutes, except once, when it took 2 or 3 days. It's possible that it had said out of stock and I had just missed it (because when I looked an hour or so later wondering where it was, it was out of stock).

Amazon also takes around 10 minutes but they are full price. ie the cost of the top-up is the cost you pay.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#53 Post by Reyes » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm

So I'm in, the codes worked. I'm still pretty confused; I didn't really understand my weapon very well, but I liked doing the pole vault move, even if the air attacks seem to go the wrong way most of the time. But I've watched a video and now I kind of understand what the insect does.

I wiped on the Pukai-Puka or whatever it's called; I cut off pretty much every part of it that would come off, but it just wouldn't die, and it fainted me 3 times in the exact same way: poisoning me, then hitting me with its tongue from a mile away while I tried to heal

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#54 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm practicing the Insect Glaive too.

I was a little confused as well but Rurikhan has a really clear video about it if you still need it. He made it seem so easy to stay in the air while in reality for me, I'm quite terrible, but I'm still better than I was after seeing a couple of other videos..

So last night, I tried it vs the fish boss that begins with J and is something like the 4th boss. And I spent so very long trying to get all 3 buffs, it took me over half an hour. And then I tried the Tika taka thing that is something like the 9th boss, and it was so much easier to get all 3 buffs. I did that one in less than 15 minutes.

I have no idea whether it's worth getting all 3 buffs vs getting just red and white and getting down to it. I expect you need all 3, it just took me so long to get the 3rd one against the fish.

I'll find the video.

Here it is..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#55 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 pm

I like this video.

Even if you never get to the point where stuff gets so difficult that you need all of this, there are definitely things that would be nice to have, that personally I don't have.

There's also the permanent 15% damage and 15% defence items that he mentions here and talks about properly in another video.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#56 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:06 pm

So I checked out how/when/where to upgrade the powercharm and armourcharm.

And the answer specifically I forget but it involves killing Bezelgeuse or something, in high rank. So a bit later.

I don't even know what high rank is. Do you like finish the game normally and then make everything you already fought much harder by making it high rank? or?

What a stupid decision to not allow people to co-op if the quest has a cut scene in it. Just show both players the cut scene even if one of you hasn't seen it yet. Jesus..

Fienasre
Legend

#57 Post by Fienasre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 pm

I sort of peaked ahead about this High rank. After you finish the campaign assignments, your Hunter rank unlocks and is gradually leveled by completing hunts/captures. At level 50, high rank unlocks. So, high rank... is miles away.
Though, I am much more appaled by the "Dragonator" than the cutscene debacle. Cutscenes will run out soon and then proper multiplayer will ensue!
│o_

Reyes
Rofficer

#58 Post by Reyes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

I think high rank actually comes in before the end of the story, but there is another level called tempered that you have to grind ranks to unlock.

I need to catch up on the story missions. I made an ice resist set so I think I'm ready for Legiana

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#59 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm

I haven't made any armour sets for resistances yet. Just general defence upgrades.

Weapons with damage types though - I have all sorts of those. To the point where I now check what the next monster is weak to and if I don't have it, I'll stop, farm and make one.

Reyes
Rofficer

#60 Post by Reyes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Have you guys tried any of the other palico equipments? I accidentally found the Coral Highlands grimalkynes so now I'm trying the hunting horn equivalent. I thought I'd miss the vigorwasps more but they were generally poorly-timed anyway