Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#161 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm
I just need some actual good gems. At least with the long sword I could use some Thunder Attack gems. With the Hammer, I'm using complete trash like healing %+.
I'm such an idiot. Again! Still! Whatever!

I had, in my possession, triple Steadfast Gems. So I already had max stun resistance that I could have been using.

Anyway, I played loads last night. i played so long I had to have a little break to charge my controller up for a bit..

I now have a group build using Immobiliser Charm 3, Slugger 3, Diablos 2 piece which increases chance to stun (Bludgeoner?).

And I have a solo build with a raw damage hammer using Elementless and the usual attack skills.

In other news, it occurred to me why the final 4 monsters are so easy compared to the game up until then..

It's because all the Elder Dragons have their own little part of their maps. It's you vs the dragon.

Last night, I had to fight Diablos 3 times for his horns. One of those fights, there was so much Black Diablos I actually ran out of Dung Pods. All 3 of them had plenty of Black Diablos action.

Then I needed Black Diablos 3 times as well. So much Bazelgeuse. Absolutely annoying giant flying cock. In Diablos' little sandfall room - Bagel arriving 3 times in a single fight in one room!

Revolver wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm
I have no clue what the hell that page is showing me.
Well, you tell it what skills you want, and it spits out the armour pieces you need to get those skills.

Let's make a build as an example. In a new post.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#162 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am

Ok so, lets say you were inspired by Reyes and talk of his roar immune and stun immune skills.

The first thing to do, is work out what weapon you are using. It doesn't actually matter which weapon it is, but it does matter what gem slots it has.

So let's say you want to use the best Thunder Bow from the Kadachi tree. It's the Flying Kadachi Strikebow and it has just 1, tier 1 gem slot.

So put Lvl1 Slot weapon in at the top.

Then those skills Reyes likes. Enter Earplugs level 5 and Stun Resistance level 3.

And lets say you know that you really need the skill Critical Draw. So enter Critical Draw Level 3.

And you might want the skill Special Ammo Boost, so max that out with level 2.

At this point, I tried hitting the search button and there were hundreds of results.

So then, I decided that the best damage up skill is weakness Exploit. So enter Weakness Exploit lvl 3.

Hit search, still hundreds.

So then I added Attack Boost level 7.

Hit search, no results.

So then, I reduce the level of attack boost 1 at a time, until we get results.

I'll save you the trouble - it's level 4 you want.

You now have 21 results.

From here, it depends an awful lot on what gems you have. But you are likely to not have very many good gems. And being able to make tier 3 Charms is also unlikely. But in my case, so probably yours too? I could make Attack Boost Charm 3 really early. So lets pick a result, which uses Attack Boost Charm Lvl 3. There are actually only 2 results, obviously they are similar.

So I looked at those 2 results (click on them to expand) and one of them needs an Earplugs gem, which maybe you don't have. So you end up with the following results:

Bazel Head Beta
Rathalos Chest Beta
Bazel Arms Alpha
Bazel Waist Beta
Barroth Legs Beta
Attack Boost Charm III

So, if our build was an actual good build rather than one I just invented because I once read something about Critical Draw being good, and I thought Special Ammo Boost sounded awesome (Even though it might be for guns only for all I know), you have an actually rather easy to obtain build. Nothing harder than Bazel in it. Grats!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#163 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:05 am

Just because..

Special Ammo Boost increases damage of Dragon Piercer by 10% per level (2 levels).

I don't know if the skill is any good..

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#164 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 am

That's probably really useful, but my Aloy armour looks best, so I'm sticking with that for now. At least until the end game, I reckon. I can mess about with the gems in it, I guess. I don't have enough good gems to be choosy at the moment, though.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#165 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Mental.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#166 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Metal, more like. \m/

And yes, I know. I’ll surely switch at some point, but that takes effort and research and stuff.
Stealth is an option.

Reyes
Rofficer

#167 Post by Reyes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Beat the Bazels with the tactic of "stay the hell away when they're dropping scales". Haven't done any T2 tempered yet.

People thought this week's event quest was going to surprise introduce a new monster; it doesn't, but apparently it's good for getting tempered tracks. And the triple threat throwdown is back
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#168 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:31 pm

You can definitely make it easier on yourself by having some patience.

Not looking forward to the Tempered Kirin quest. I did HR Kirin last night and got carted twice pretty quickly. Admittedly it got easier when I decided to fetch and use my Thunder mantle. Oh and will my new stun resist work or is it paralysis or something?

Reyes
Rofficer

#169 Post by Reyes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Paralysis I think

How did you get HR Kirin available? I've found its tracks but the bar doesn't seem to fill up at all
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#170 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 pm

I was already research rank 1.

I went there last night and found 5 or 6 tracks.

After my expedition, I was research rank 2 and the quest was given to me by a guy at the harvest table.

So just one trip for me, but like I said, I was already rank 1.