Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

#11 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:32 am

Ha! Yes... I know. I tried that for a while now and staying up later is not working out yet. So... you guys need to start earlier! Only solution I see.
I have the same problem with uploading the discoveries, Rev. Individual things seem to work and I get nanites for them. But the overall fauna upload won't work because of the not connected error I have.

Need to google that and see where it goes wrong.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#12 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:38 am

Well, I'm pretty sure it works in terms of you getting the nanites. You just don't get the message.

Pretty easy to check since your nanite balance is shown on the same screen.

Ok so Ruri, found a random blueprint, to make Cryo Pumps. And the some time later, found some thermic condensers or something, again, randomly. And then randomly found a trading station selling the other component to make Cryo Pumps, which was Cool Ice or something. And then randomly found a place that sells thermic condesners. So spend 500k to buy the mats to make a cryo pump. And a Cryo Pump sells for 2 million.

I have no idea if Cryo Pumps are in some way special, or whether there are other things that you can buy, construct, then sell, for huge profit.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#13 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah, I'm already way more hours in than I was originally. And the salvaged ship is just so stressful. It's worth 29 million if I exchange it for another ship. There's no option to sell, so I need to trade it. The only thing is, ships either seem to be 40 million+, or less than 20 million. So I feel like I'm "losing" 10 million (that I didn't have two days ago) if I trade for a ship worth less than 20. So now I've just gone back to using my other ship and not upgrading it at all because I know I want to trade for a better one soon. Bah.

Didn't play much last night, but did get the S-rank scanner installed, which was netting me between 50K and 100K per creature scan, and around 25K for a plant scan.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#14 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Well... concerning the uploads. I did not get the nanite bonus for completing all entries per planet and the milestone doesn't pop either. So something is not happening. And the discovery server might be at fault. Missing out on some stuff even though the individual uploads give nanites.

You guys are talking about millions... I got half a million only and 7 hours played. Way behind, yeey!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#15 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 pm

I only have 2.5 million or something.

Pro tip: the A rated scanner value increaserer, only gives you about 16K per plant, and nothing at all extra for animals. I think finding the S rated version is priority 1.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#16 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

In terms of actual cash, I've probably had about 5 million in total. But I farmed 2 million of that from the eggs, which was boring as hell, and I found an ancient artifact worth 975K in a random chest.

Just FYI, you should definitely buy a better multi-tool before installing any upgrades, because you can't move them from one tool to another.

Also, I only discovered the different slot types on your suit last night (d-pad left/right), for tech, storage and general. So you should definitely install tech in the tech slots, I guess.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#17 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Revolver wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm
you should definitely install tech in the tech slots, I guess.
:revolver:

I didn't even recall what : revolver: did, but I wasn't disappointed.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#18 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Well ok, that's fair, but it'd be nice if it told you that at some point. Or even mentioned that there were different types of slot.

Whatever. :)
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#19 Post by Fienasre » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 am

So, that spaceship you pointed me towards. The 48 slotter that I should trade in for a good ship somewhere...

I kept it. I love the look of it and fixing it is quite fun and relaxing. It went from 18 free slots to 30 free slots already. It looks like a tidier mess on the inside.
What I need is parafinnium and chromatine. Piles of the stuff.

Still haven't found a nice planet to build a proper base on. I feel stupid about not putting a base computer on the AMAZING planet I found after two warps into the game.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#20 Post by Revolver » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:44 pm

I’ll be interested to know how much it costs you in total to get it up and running. I do agree it’s a nice ship. I saw an Exotic ship in the dock the other night. Really expensive for not many slots, but it was lovely. I’m saving up. I also want a dedicated fighter for the battle missions.

I started making a base. I should probably play in creative a bit to get the hang of the building, so it doesn’t cost me a fortune correcting my mistakes.

Not around much now for a week or so. Hope my freighters are ok!
Stealth is an option.