Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

#31 Post by Revolver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 am

Yep, from the Dpad down menu you can summon any ship. I’ve not been able to get it to work on space stations, but it works fine on planets. The ship may need to have launch fuel in it, but I’m not sure. I’ve been keeping stacks of 10 fuel in each ship and keeping them fully fuelled.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#32 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 am

Found (paid for) a 24 slot S class multitool. So went off randomly looking for space stations with S class visor upgrades and finally found 1 of those too. I guess I'll go looking for some more..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#33 Post by Revolver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:00 am

Grats! Hope you’re getting the suit slot upgrades but in each station you visit, too! They’re getting expensive for me now, but still worth it.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#34 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Yes for sure. Up to 37 slots I think now. They're not expensive yet. Less than scanning an animal..

And found a second S class visor upgrade.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#35 Post by Revolver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Just two others soace station things:

They usually have at least 2 Navigation Data cubes or discs lying around on tables. Always worth nabbing.

And some stations have a Traveller you can talk to (usually looks different to the other people hanging around) who will give you the location of a grave, which will unlock a glyph, which I think has something to do with alien um... tower things. I forget what they’re called. But worth collecting anyway.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#36 Post by Fienasre » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:31 am

I even found a space station which had navigation cubes / data pads in every cubicle. Amounted to 6 or something. Easy nanites and Navigation thingies.
I'm at 3/16 glyphs found with the Traveller graveyard things. Quite interested to see what will happen if I find 16 but that's going to take a while.

Started building a base this weekend. I already have 2 extra rooms with aliens working for me. They don't want payment... Is this slavery?
So, Rev. I noticed you grabbed a trophy for visiting another player's base. Did you just find one at random in the universe? Or did you visit Troy's?

Downer was, as I mentioned in Oblivion, that it started feeling like work at a certain point. Go find a suitable friendly dude in another system. Mine 1500 Pure Ferrite to build 3 rooms to your base. Go fix your frigates (fucking frigate fixing) etc.

What sent me over the edge was the frigate fixing. God that is annoying beyond reason. First of all, my combination of spaceship and frigate glitched. So the first time I stepped out of my ship to start fixing, I fell into the cold endless depth of space and died because I glitched next to the landing pad. The annoying part about dying in space is the inventory management. When you get to your corpse in space, all of your suits inventory that you lost there is transferred to your spaceship. Of course at first it didn't fit... grmbl. After several attempts I figured out I had to land on a certain pad, glitched over the side but landed on the ship. Could then jetpack myself back onto the landing pad. Then I was short on repair elements. Foffing gold and platinum to be exact. So I could fix 2 / 5 broken parts. Then I had to find enough materials in space (Pt is friggin hard to find btw) to fix it.
AND I DIDN"T EVEN GET A THANK YOU FOR IT.

Frigates suck hard.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#37 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:45 am

I don't even have a freighter yet..

Since the first time you are coerced into defending a freighter which the captain gifts to you, and I messed up by shooting the freighter too many times (it was in the background while I was fighting a pirate) I've been waiting for one of the nice looking ones, rather than the giant brick looking ones. Still waiting.

So I haven't been playing much but when I do, I'm still pottering around warping to new space stations for exo suit slots. And I have 3 S class visor augments now. And 2 S class mining beam augments because why not. And a not very good B class fighter but probably better at fighting than my hauler I guess.

Other than that, I bought the blueprint for a Javelin thing? A tool weapon with instant damage or something. Haven't finished building it yet. I only bought it because I found an S class damage upgrade for it.

Not bored yet. But still watching and playing HS too much to play very much.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#38 Post by Revolver » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 am

I've given up with freighters and frigates. The rewards didn't seem to be worth the effort. I use the frigate for storage now, and that's all. I also have 8 of the storage cubes on my base, but they're a pain to keep organised. I need a massive storage solution.

I went through my first portal! I only have a few glyphs as well, so just stuck in a random code, and ended up on a world with hundreds of player bases, message orb thingies, and every single thing had been previously discovered. I guess that was quite a common glyph code. Interesting to see, though.

My base is coming along nicely, although I'm tempted to start again. It's got loads of stuff, but it's a real mess in terms of layout. I have three "slaves" working for me so far.

Top tip... if you find somebody selling Salvaged Tech, buy as many as they have. Much quicker than digging them up yourself. The new blueprints for base stuff require LOADS of them.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#39 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:42 pm

So I have a moral dilemna. (WTF, dilemna isn't spelled like that and never has been? It's not the proper spelling of dilemma, that I just assumed was a stupid Americanised word. Seriously wtf?)

I watch a lot of youtube. I'm watching youtube most of the day in the background at work and a lot of my spare time too.

So during my youtube time, I watch stuff that most people wouldn't get around to.. for example.. how to make thousands of nanites per minute, or whatever it was.

So yeah, I now know how to dupe stuff in NMS.

The grinding in the game is way over the top. On the other hand, if there was no grinding, it would lose a lot of the stuff that there is actually there to "do". And it's not like there is actual multiplayer to gain an advantage in.

So I don't know what to do with this information. Probably nothing. Maybe something because the bug will probably get patched.

If anyone wants to know how to do it, let me know, or just find it on yt I guess.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#40 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm

In other news, it seems that I have used the correct spelling of dilemma several times in the past, on this very forum.

I would have bet money on it being dilemna. And I would have bet money that I had previously spelled it dilemna when using it before.