Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28791 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Nah, Mad Max was AMAZING. I'm going to download it and go back in once it's out for free, just to see how good it was. Funnily enough, the games floor in our LA office still has loads of Mad Max decor up. I took a photo when I was there earlier this year:

Anyway, I came here to say I've just seen Ready Player One. It's not the most clever movie in the world, but I absolutely loved it. Proper ear to ear grinning most of the way through. Just absolutely spectacular, and a real return to form for Spielberg. I wish I could take my kids, but there's a pretty scary sequence, lots of "shit"s, and a really nicely placed "fucking", so I guess they'll have to wait a bit. Probably the best WB film I've seen in our cinema for a few years. Probably since... Mad Max. Spooky.

I just checked Spielberg's filmography as director. Saving Private Ryan was probably the last AMAZING film he made, and that was 20 year ago. Damn.

Might go and see it again next week. Damn. Properly good.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28792 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Have you read the book? I heard that it was so far away from the book that fans would be all "what the fuck did you do to my book" mad about it.

Although obviously I'm not like that, since I could even find value in the Dark Tower movie, despite them totally butchering the story that we love.

I just looked at the Spielberg directed by list. You're probably right. I liked Minority Report but that was still a long time ago and wasn't proper AMAZING anyway.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28793 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Nope, never read the book. Interested in reading it now, though. Bet it's not as good as the film. ;)
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28794 Post by Glombeard » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:56 am

So, quite soon we'll have WW S2. i'm looking forward to it. did you read anything about?
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28795 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm

WW2 looks good. Well, the cover of Heart Shaped Box was good, at least. You couldn't really get much else from the trailer. I just realised that I don't have Sky any more (which is where WW and GoT are shown in the UK), so I might have to get a Now TV sub for a few weeks or something. Bah.

This weekend we watched Justice League (kids loved it, I thought it was still fine), and Baby Driver (still AMAZING, and despite Spacey being such a cock in real life, you still can't fault his performance in this) and tonight we're off to see Ready Player One again. Films!

Played a little more Far Cry 5, but I'm not really following the story yet. Just lots of dicking around and shooting people. Had some good random events and things kicking off so far, and no real bugs to speak of (hi Troy!). I think I'll maybe go back and finish Monster Hunter at some point, but I've got no desire to do so at the moment.

Taking a break from Skyrim still, and making my way through a bunch of films on Netflix during my commute. Half way through Personal Shopper at the moment. It's really odd.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28796 Post by Fienasre » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:55 pm

I caved and bought Far Cry 5. Having a lot of fun with it, on the bright side! So, how many of us fit in the same co-op session?
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28797 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 pm

2. :(

You can have more in the Arcade stuff, but I've got no idea what that actually is.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28798 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Don't quote me on this, but I think co-op in the arcade is also 2 man only.

Multiplayer maps are up to 6 but that's PvP not missions.

I find it very frustrating. Being teleported around all the fucking time for no reason that I can work out. But Rev says he doesn't have those issues.

It''s a pretty terrible world in terms of NPC AI too. And the sheer number of people walking and driving past, on a tiny mountain path that's barely a track, it's incredible.

And sometimes, you just get overrun, especially when there are helicopters and planes after you. And then you die, and respawn in the middle of everyone. And usually that's fine, because all the reinforcements have vanished, but it's weird.

But I don't regret my purchase. It has its moments.

I suspect there will be some AMAZING user created missions in the arcade. If not already, there will be.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28799 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah, your teleporting stuff is really odd. I had one cut-scene which teleported me once, when I got knocked out and abducted. That makes sense, though.

I need to start saving some videos. I was driving around with a dead guy stuck to my car for ages yesterday. He got his arm stuck in the grill and the front, and was just flapping around on the bonnet for ages.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28800 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Revolver wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm
Half way through Personal Shopper at the moment. It's really odd.
I didn't see this post at all.

I liked Personal Shopper quite a lot. Although I'm not certain if the ending was ambiguous or if it just turned out that
Spoiler!
she was basically nuts, rather than some kind of medium.

Or maybe something was actually going on, but it was her, rather than some spirit.
Maybe I don't even recollect it well enough to come to a conclusion. I should see what I thought about it at the time, which is obviously the reason for Oblivion in the first place.

<goes to look>

Oh, it seems I had "no fucking clue" what happened.

So you can explain it to me. Awesome.