Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28801 Post by Fienasre » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am

I got abducted properly once. That teleported me across the map. And I went on a drug infused hike with Faith once. My only two random relocation events until now.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28802 Post by Revolver » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Still haven't finished Personal Shopper. Hopefully on the train home tonight.

Ready Player One was still good the second time. Maybe not quite a good as the first, but still lots of fun.

Tonight I'm going to try and post up the video of me and Troy playing FC5 co-op last night. Had an awesome moment with a plane getting shot out of the sky. Hope I saved the video ok.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28803 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:47 pm

I've only been plucked out of a seemingly harmless wandering around situation 3 times. The annoying thing about those though, is that I've ended up near the SW zone starting quest location, like, the town in all the trailers, Fall's End?

Whereas I've actually been doing the East Zone, which is the only zone I've ever done any quests in at all.

And then there was the time where after being teleported to outside Falls End, I tried to fast travel back to where I was. That's the time when it went totally wrong. I couldn't fast travel at all, except back to Falls End. Except for one try, when it sent me to Tutorial Island. But I think that was an issue with the fast travel location, because it was ok again once I chose a different one.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#28804 Post by Glombeard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Saturday night we watched Ready Player One. i liked it as movie, i loved all the links to our past. it felt it was a clear message to nowadays teenagers so i hope both Teen Kids are going to watch it.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Fienasre
Legend

#28805 Post by Fienasre » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Ok, so during last evenings session I got abducted 3 times. Again in Faith's area and twice in Jacob's hub. I get the feeling they made it this way so that you would find certain important story parts. I guess it happened so many times within a span of two hours because I was playing all over the map. Just wanted to unlock some sidekicks and found a bit of fun just cruising around.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28806 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 pm

I had a teleportation free session last night.

What was the sniper rifle you bought Rev? Was it the one that's just like the free one, or the big thing that looks like it's a shotgun rather than a rifle?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28807 Post by Revolver » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

It was the one on the first page, not on the sniper page. It’s AMAZING. Got the AR MK thing last night. Not convinced yet.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28808 Post by Revolver » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Couple of Far Cry bugs, and an awesome plane kill...

Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28809 Post by Kelodur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello, renegades.

It's been a while since I last posted anything on the forums. I was thinking if I was going to say that a lot of things have happened in my life, but then I realised I've got nothing to say about it. Nothing special actually happened. Life has gone on. Sometimes I just struggle to keep up with it. I guess this sums up everything.

I've been off of the forums mostly because I wasn't able to write anymore. One day I've got triggered by some tongue in cheek comments in the forums, and I was wondering why. Why I was here reading, why I was getting triggered, why I was feeling like that, why I was feeling alone, why, why, why... and down the negative spiral I kept on going. My mind got stuck and I closed myself again. Every time I tried to put how I was feeling in words, it all become a big lump of silence. It has been like this with, well, everything, and it took me a while to stop this thing from happening.

I am feeling definitely better now. I am still quite silent, and I've got a fucking backache that doesn't help much in making me feel well, and in getting up in the morning with the right mood. But I'm seeing the good things around me much more clearer, which probably means I'm on the right path to mending.

I've been playing a lot of videogames lately, meaning I've been taking refuge from my own world by playing, but it actually worked. I also was very careful in playing only stuff I really wanted to play without getting suckered in "loss of time" videogames, and proceeded to uninstall all the "infinite" multiplayer videogames such as League of Legends and Dota too. Highlights of what I've played:

1) I've finished Until Dawn. I would recommend this to anyone that has any kind of love for horror movies. The final chapters lose some of the suspense after showing the monsters and moving away from the psychological horror dimension, but they still can offer some impressive stuff (the sequence of Josh going crazy is really cool), and I love how they turned the most despicable character of the game into an improbable hero. I had 3 survivors in the end, which out of 8 is not bad. Well. It's not, but life is tough.

2) I've finished the first run of The Nonary Games, getting a "bad" ending. Maybe I already mentioned this, I don't remember. It was my first interactive novel, and I really loved it. It's a very relaxing way to spend your time, mixing reading, light rpg-ing and puzzle solving in a very engaging package. It left me curious about the story, and I plan to play other parts of the novel soon trying to get another (better) ending. I'd wish I had got this on the Ipad or other portable device though, reading on the TV sucks.

3) Started The Witcher 3. I now understand all the love for it. The general quality of the game is out of this world. Even the side quests in this game have more story and character than most main stories of any other game. Combine this to some of the best visuals EVAH and you get one really outstanding package. Yes, the combat is nothing to write home about, but it's functional enough to support the rest of the game, which is without any doubt AWESOME. I also have put I don't know how many hours on it, and I'm still at the beginning of Act 1, making it a huge game (which I will probably not finish, but hey, I can't be trusted with such big games).

4) Sea of thieves! Or: a game where you don't have anything to do, but everything you do ends up being special. It's really hard to explain why it's so cool despite the basic structure of the game being so barebone, but played in a non-intensive way it's so fun and fascinating that it's really hard not to love it. I didn't really play it so much so far, but every session was memorable, and I could tell you a lot of fun adventures I've lived in its world. And also sometimes just staring at the sea while sailing aimlessly alone can be a great way to let your mind wander a little bit in a positive way.

5) Played more Darkest Dungeon. Still very fun. Still very hard. Still AWESOME.

6) I've finally got Factorio, and I've already put 8 hours in it in a week or so. When you start playing it it's really hard to stop, as the joys of optimizing take over your time (and your sleep). It's more similar to game such as Space Chem and Shenzen I/O probably than to "true" city builders, even if it doesn't really require any programming, as the real challenge here is to make everything work in the most efficient way, and the real treat is looking at your base after you've sorted out everything and you can just watch your perfect mechanism tick and work flawlessly. It's hard to define what it makes the game so good, but it is. It's a sandbox for engineers.

7) Got Slay the Spire. The fuckers have made our game. And they have made it WELL too. I've finally managed to finish one run succesfully after several botched tries. It's a great little game, we did a great job. Or they did.

8) I'm playing thru some parts of the story of Guild Wars 2 that I skipped before. I love getting lost in the world of Guild Wars. It's the Skyrim of MMORPG, wherever you go you can find a lot of things to do. And there are so many people playing it that it's hard to be alone in there, there's always somebody joining you in a fight when an event is spawned. I'd wish I was still doing the living world stories as they are released, but I've actually lost my interest in doing them since they have changed the game so that you can always go back to do them whenever you want.

So, as you can see, lots of videogames, and that's not including the ones I've played with my son (MINECRAFT!).

Oh, and on a totally unrelated topic... I'm coming to London for 3 days in April (probably 27 to 29) with my son and my girlfriend! NANDO'S!

Ciao Renegades. Sorry if I didn't post anything for a long while. The Kel still loves you.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Glombeard
Legend

#28810 Post by Glombeard » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 pm

welcome back Kelo! Nice to hear from you.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!