Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28821 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Random question. Sort of.

There's a whotsit that lets you play your PS4 in a different room on a different tv right?

Is there a Bone equivalent?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28822 Post by Kelodur » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:35 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:31 pm
There's a whotsit that lets you play your PS4 in a different room on a different tv right?
Yes, it's called Playstation TV.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explo ... tation-tv/
TroyBlade wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:31 pm
Is there a Bone equivalent?
Yes, it's called Windows 10 :D.

https://support.xbox.com/it-IT/games/ga ... -streaming
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28823 Post by Revolver » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Just a word of warning, PSTV can be very slightly laggy, and the video quality isn't AMAZING. Still a great little piece of kit, though. And you can play all of your PS+ Vita games on it.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28824 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:47 pm

So, as I understand it, the old God of War games were pure hack n slash, but the new one, has runes, skills, XP, items, upgrades for items, crafting, and whatever else you might expect from a RPG. (Although some of those things are fairly limited.)

The reviews are rather good. A 3rd day one purchase of the year already?

So I didn't play any Far Cry last night. My review of it - it's Far Cry 4. Except it has way less icon chasing. Instead of being overwhelmed by icons, you are actually encouraged to explore. Yes a lot of it you are hand held by pointers after conversations with people. But there's definitely an attempt to organically reveal the landscape around you that works so much better than climbing a radio tower so that you reveal 30 new icons.

Sadly, other than that, it really is just Far Cry 4. It's just not very good!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28825 Post by Revolver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I skipped it last night as well. I'm still enjoying it, and it's absolutely AMAZING to look at, but I'm not finding it as gripping as 4. I actually think the northern territory is the most fun so far though, so I'm definitely going to push through to the end. Then I'll probably trade it for something new. Not convinced about GoW yet, but will do some more reading.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28826 Post by Revolver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Went to see Rampage at lunchtime. It's EXACTLY what you expect it to be. I had several little sleeps and didn't feel like I missed anything important. Don't tell anybody.
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28827 Post by Glombeard » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 pm

ha-ha i like "several".
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28828 Post by Revolver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Actually, I realised at the end that I didn't see what happened to the *SPOILER*. It just wasn't in the film any more. Guess I need to see it again.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28829 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

I really won't be watching Rampage at the cinema..

Oh yeah. Speaking of the cinema, I had to take the kids, who wanted to see Pacific Rim rather than Ready Player One. (bah).

Anyway. I really didn't like the first Pacific Rim. It was so stupid. They could have ended all the fights earlier if they'd used the Sword thing straight away, is about all I remembered from watching it originally.

BUT

I actually saw the original about a month ago. And without my God-this-is-so-dumb head on, I was quite amazed that the film was actually decently well constructed with a couple of likeable characters.

The sequel though. That's way worse than the original. This time I'm right - it's just fucking stupid. And John Boyega, I don't dislike him. I don't think he's a bad actor. But he really doesn't have the charisma to carry a film like this. And all the other characters were shit as well. When I watch this in a few years, I'm not going to think it was well constructed and had likeable characters. It will still be shit. And as for the ending, it was so telegraphed that the SPOILER was going to save the day about 10 minutes into the film. God it was crap. Don't watch it.

It's still better than Transformers 5 though.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28830 Post by Revolver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:23 pm

They would have LOVED Ready Player One, I reckon. Mine probably would too, but I still think they're slightly too young for the scary bit in the middle.

I made them watch The Princess Bride at the weekend, because they couldn't remember having ever seen it. My son thought it was AMAZING, my daughter got bored after about 20 minutes and buried her head in her ipod.

Oh, TLJ is out on Blu-ray this week, I think. I should go shopping. Only saw it once at the cinema.
Stealth is an option.