Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#27971 Post by Revolver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 am

Last night's Game of Thrones was AMAZING.

Spoiler!
Obviously the massive battle was great (although I'm not sure why she didn't send the dragons in first), but so was the Arya/Brienne training battle thingy, and the stuff with Jon and Dany, and... well, it was all awesome. I don't remember any dull bits at all.

But the best part of the whole episode?
Spoiler!
Bronn laughing at Dickon's name. :D
Also...
Spoiler!
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27972 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 am

I want to watch it again. I already watched the last 10 minutes again on youtube..

Also,
Spoiler!
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27973 Post by Revolver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am

LOLZ. Bran's so bad.

There's a proper HBO "Inside Episode #4" thing on Youtube, as well as a short thingy about the battle.
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#27974 Post by Glombeard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:14 pm

both pics are lovely!

i agree with Rev about Bronn's words.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27975 Post by Revolver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Shin! What did you think of Baby Driver? Come on, don't keep us waiting. Definitely one of my films of the year.

Got tickets for Atomic Blonde tonight. Hopefully it'll be more John Wick than John Wick 2, but we'll have to wait and see.

Started watching The Dark Knight Rises last night. I didn't remember quite how much filler there was in there. Some of it's really good, though. It's just that ALL of Begins and TDK were really good, so it seems weak in comparison. Anyway, we got about half way through before switching off. Going to watch the rest tomorrow, I guess.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27976 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 pm

I wasn't impressed by the Atomic Blonde trailers but the reviews were good. We might go this weekend. It's either that or Apes. Although Apes has won the decision before, and then we decided that staying home was probably better than Apes.

Will still probably see The Dark Tower, despite the crapness. Especially given the tv series upcoming (I don't think it's in production or anything yet. Could easily be cancelled.)

Watched the behind the scenes HBO thing. New world record for
Spoiler!
setting stunt men on fire.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#27977 Post by Kelodur » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 am
Back in the day, I definitely found running on a treadmill to be much easier than outside, because of the impact I'm sure. You also had the added bonus of being able to time your trips to the gym with live sports on the tv.

I live in a little village with 1 shop but even our village has a gym. I just don't want to pay for it when all I want to do is run. And they don't have proper footy on their screens either.

I've been thinking about a rowing machine. Cheaper than a treadmill. No impact. Can avoid the Scandinavian winter. And can watch tv while doing it. Not really sure where I'd put it though.. (In front of the tv duh.)

Also, I've done some rowing before and I never got the endorphin high that I got from running. I do hope that comes back when I get better at it, it was awesome.
If your body can handle, I'd say definitely stick to running. I don't think any other activity ever made me feel that good (well, aside from sex, getting Heigan dance achievement and possibly critting on a natural 20 when playing D&D). The endorphin high is great, and when you start feeling a little bit more in control of the situation you just start running faster or longer next time and you get it all back again. It also makes you feel like an hero when you get up at 6 am in the morning for your daily run and it's pouring like there's no tomorrow outside. Also, your back will definitely get better from running, as I started I had a lot of back issues, and now they are mostly solved as my back got stronger and stronger.

RUN TROY RUN!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27978 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't do 6am. Well actually I often do but I go back to bed afterwards.

My back is annoying now. It's not restricting my movement, it's not causing me pain when I do stuff. It's just permanently sore right now. I feel like I should rest it but despite still being extremely crap at running, I already have improvement each time I go, which is so satisfying. It's like killing Aldrich satisfying. I don't want to stop that or even slow that down.

I do remember the last time I tried to get back into running though - my knees couldn't take it. Fingers crossed that they are ok now.

Are you back from holiday Kelo? All caught up on GoT? It's epic!

shindarak
Guild Master

#27979 Post by shindarak » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:06 am

oops sorry.....baby driver was a 9/10MM....from a music's perspective it was an 11/10MM. I really loved that every:
Spoiler!
sound has the same rythm as the music...the doorbell rings in the same rythm as the music, the coffee is poored in the rythm of the music. The soundtrack is awesome as well
The story is not to shabby and there were even a few moments i didn't see expect, like
Spoiler!
Kevin Spacy protecting them in the parking garage
Loved the little details, like
Spoiler!
the tatoos in the neck of the love-couple-bankrobbers
All in all i think its a blast and a must-see-again....and most definitly a MUST-HEAR-AGAIN :ninja:
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27980 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 am

Awesome. Completely agree on all fronts. And yeah, I need to see it again too.

Atomic Blonde wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for, but still pretty awesome. Some really nice set pieces, and it looks and sounds AMAZING. The story just seemed a bit on the flakey side, but whatever, it was masses of fun. A solid 8/MM for me, and very keen to watch it again. Charlize was awesome.
Stealth is an option.