Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28001 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I keep nearly watching Dirk Gently. I think Kelo recommended it as well.

It just looks so silly!

I keep watching random Scandinavian crime dramas instead.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#28002 Post by Glombeard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm

i guess it's really silly to the point it's awesomely funny but definitely not boring. or not! well i liked it!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28003 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

It can't be any worse than the British version from a few years back. Now that WAS awful.

Definitely get Elite, Fien. It's awesome.
Stealth is an option.

shindarak
Guild Master

#28004 Post by shindarak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:44 pm

you guys seen Lilyhammer...loved that one :ninja:
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28005 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

I watched a little Lilyhammer years ago and it was fine.

But when I went back to it after moving to Denmark, I can't get it with English subtitles so it's unwatchable for me.

But never mind that, it's The Defenders day. Yay.

I have to watch at Mrs Troy pace. Boo.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28006 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

I finished The Defenders. The first 2 episodes are slow. Really slow. And then it's fine. It's more of the same but with added quips and humour between them all. Definitely should have made more of them (there are only 8 episodes).

I think I got spoiled for tonight's GoT. I am extremely unhappy, both because of being spoiled and because of what I saw in an animated gif that someone posted in the comments of something unrelated.

We watched Colossal. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't AMAZING. But it wasn't terrible either.

Watched the first episode of The Mist. I find it really hard to watch stuff with such terrible production quality these days. I might watch episode 2. Maybe. Just in case episode 1 was a pilot and they go in a different direction.

Glombeard
Legend

#28007 Post by Glombeard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

i found the defenders "just" fine and too short! i guess, with 13 episodes, lesser characters stories could have gain a lot. i thought main enemies should have been tougher.

i still prefer DD and JJ against LC and IF (both silly)

best choices of the cast are Misty and Colleen (order has meaning), imho!

about GoT i should find an old post of mine (something is happening as i forecast, foretold, predicted...you tell me)

The Mist is based on SK novel? the previous movie was watchable till certain point then it sucked...
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28008 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes the Stephen King one. I don't believe I ever watched the film. So far, the effects are really bad. And some of the acting. And some decisions are colony ship Covenant crew levels of stupid. I'll be amazed if I ever watch episode 3.

I don't find Iron Fist silly. He's still a whiney brat though. And Luke Cage is awesome. But you're still right about the other two being better.

Next up, Punisher in November. Then next year I think we get s2 of JJ, LC and IF.

BUT

There was a 5 second teaser for DD s3. So maybe I'm wrong and that's next after TP.

Fienasre
Legend

#28009 Post by Fienasre » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Feeling a bit shaky for no apparent reason. So time to write something totally work unrelated to relax.
I think I only watched DD 1 & 2 and JJ. LC sounded a bit boring so I sort of gave up. IF is supposed to be not so good, but you guys seem to be enjoying it. I guess I need to get my Netflix on again then.

Really enjoyed playing BotW during the weekend. The fact that there is so much to do but it isn't really obvious clicks with me. Instead of completing hub after hub you stumble upon things. I like it.

The boys at Prepare to Try are still running Bloodborne. I have inserted the disc but I haven't played yet. Especially now that they downed Rom, they open up the AMAZING Lovecraftian parts of the game. On Wednesday my brother comes to pick up the Switch again. Until it comes back / I buy one, I think Bloodborne is the way to go for me.

The Division was fun for an hour or 2 with patch 1.7. Now it can just go back to the dustpile.

Did you guys see the Microsoft stream for Gamescon. Proper slow tv without any announcements. Still, I think I want one of those 'X's to put under the awesome TV we got!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28010 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:51 pm

I think I would have gone back to Bloodborne but then Elite turned out to be awesome.

Not seen anything from gamescon. Didn't even know it was happening. I did watch some Far Cry 5 footage. Looks so good.

Anyway, the reason I'm here - Monster Squad. WTF?! It looks like the most incredible film ever. And I've never even heard of it!

7.6 Spoilers.
Spoiler!
Some twat on facebook posted an animated gif of the spear throwing moment. And then later, more my fault, a YouTube video thumbnail showed the blue eye at the end.

I guess he can just fly over the wall now. Not that I'm expecting him to.. I wonder if Bran can worg into it. Do we know which dragon it was? Do we care which dragon it was?