Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28091 Post by Revolver » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm

I almost played it last weekend. A friend of mine bought it, and brought it along to our gaming night. But we stuck the disk in and there was a massive patch, and it wouldn't let us play it offline. So we played something else instead.

I'm back in the UK next week, but not likely to buy it, sorry.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28092 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 pm

What does ranking up your clan get you?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28093 Post by Kelodur » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Destiny 2... I feel like it's just more of the same for me. Kinda like Destiny 1.5. It's a massive expansion pack with several balance changes, think TBC in World of Warcraft, but without being able to access the previous areas and your character getting reset. Am I liking it? Yes, but just like Destiny 1 I don't feel like playing it for hours and hours. Every single engagement is always great due to the almost perfect gun play, but I don't think there are many games so huge with so few variation inside. No puzzles, no special bosses, just shootout after shootout in open and closed areas that change in looks but always feel the same in the end. Will I still play it? Yes, but already I can see the grind, and I'm lvl 10 only... but then, it's Destiny, and Destiny IS grind.

My son got Splatoon for his birthday, and boy, it probably is the most refreshing game I've played in YEARS. He's loving it, and the great cool thing is that he's able to have so much fun even without mastering the controls, and he's actually winning games online just by splashing paint all over the place. A much underrated gem, if you haven't it on Wii U or Switch, just get it NOW.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Reyes
Rofficer

#28094 Post by Reyes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm

I got Destiny 1 free with my PS4 and never played it. I've been playing Civ 6. I have...mixed feelings. It still has the old Civ addictiveness, and the new mechanics are mostly really good. But the interface is a massive step back, there are annoying bugs, and the AI is sooo dumb. And the bonuses they give the AI as a result basically lock off large parts of the game on higher difficulties. And the AI always beelines the tech tree in the same way, leading to anti-tank crews alongside catapults and knights. It's frustrating because the game has a lot of potential. Apparently the multiplayer is good, but that's not really what I'm looking for in Civ.
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28095 Post by Revolver » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am

Glombeard wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 am
and no, we don't have choice to watch them in english with subtitles. at least not in a radius of 60 Km from where i live. i've never heard of theatres in italy where you could see them in original languages...maybe Rome or Milan
Definitely in Milan. :) I went to see Baby Driver (in English with Italian subs) again last night, because I'm sooooo bored with going to restaurants with colleagues. To be fair, they only show one film a week in English in this particular cinema, but at least that's better than nothing.

Anyway, Baby Driver confirmed for one of my top 3 of the year, no contest. Who doesn't like hats?
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28096 Post by Kelodur » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am

REV! You're in Milan????? We definitely should meet then! Where? When? How?
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28097 Post by Revolver » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:12 am

Milan guild meet!!!

I'm here for work. Leaving tomorrow, but back again the week after next (25th September). Are you around that week at all? It'd be AMAZING to meet up!
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28098 Post by Fienasre » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am

The bonusses revolve around higher drop rates for loot and higher turnouts for currencies. Better rewards, in short. For a game about loot I guess that sounds simple :ninja:
All of you in Milan! Enjoy!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28099 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

I went to see It last night. It was so good. Pretty much faithful to the book, at least in terms of what we saw was largely in the book. Obviously there was a tonne of stuff missing. And the ending (of the kids part of course) was totally simplified (plus had 1 spoilery change). But let's be honest the book gets weird at that point. Like, the turtle. Wtf. And Pennywise was done so well. And the kids were really well cast too. Maybe a couple of them had their parts reduced a little. The effects were great. The creepy atmospheric stuff was great although I would have preferred more of it.

I'm not much of a horror fan these days but this was right up there with the best. Over 2 hours just flew by, even with my back pain.

And it surely confirmed one thing to me - that in my whole life, I have never seen a horror film at the cinema until now. The reason I realise this? It's because I have never before experienced 100 women screaming in terror followed by 50 guys laughing at them, over and over again.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28100 Post by Kelodur » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:44 pm

YEAH! Rev! Week of the 25th! I will try to have Beo and Sele come too!

Who else is in?