Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28671 Post by Fienasre » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 am

Revolver wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 am
Sorry, not going to make it. Just got rid of our guests, but I’m falling asleep. Hope you had fun!
Bit late but hey: Troy and I had a lot of fun actually. Because at the beginning of the session we found a cargo lift helicopter. So most of our time was spent dropping cars, busses and boats on unsuspecting people, buildings and moving vehicles. :ninja:
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28672 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:10 pm

I was reading about that. The CargoBob spawns a bunch of places when you are level 22 to 32. After 32 it only spawns in one place. The Buzzard spawns after level 42. There are a hundred other aircraft spawn level ranges.. And most spawns are a random thing from a subset at your level. So you can just go away and come back for another chance for it.

Discovery 1.11 was much better.
X Files 11.2 was spectacularly better than 11.1. Like, really quite good. Glad I didn't give up.
Finally started on Black Mirror. Nothing AMAZING yet but I think it's the recent stuff that is really good. I think.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28673 Post by Revolver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Killed a Blood Dragon this morning! Not sure what that is, or why it wouldn't let me absorb the soul either. Need to do some investigating.

Also continued along the Thieves Guild path, although one of the quest givers has gotten herself stuck in a nasty Crate/Bucket combo...

I think I'm further through than I ever got with Skyrim or Oblivion now, and nearly loving it as much as Morrowind (although the music's not as good). I can honestly see myself playing this for hundreds of hours.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28674 Post by Fienasre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 am

Revolver wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm
I can honestly see myself playing this for hundreds of hours.
Well... as we all did in 2011. Just a few years behind the pack, Rev, just a few...
But you are not the only one apparently. I see Skyrim messages pop up all over the place. Maybe 7 years is a good point for nostalgia?
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28675 Post by Revolver » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am

Not sure if it's nostalgia, or just the chance to play it on a handheld or in VR. But yeah, 7 years late is about right by my standards. :) I seem to remember not being able to do what I wanted when I originally played it (on 360?), but playing it now it does seem fairly open. I'm picking off random quests while following a couple of the main plots, but spend most of my time just exploring.

Talking of being late to the party, I finally saw It last night. Liked It a lot, although It started a lot stronger than It finished (ok, I'll stop capitalising It now). I much preferred all the creepy stuff with the occasional shock, rather than the fairly generic full-on horror finale. In fact, I thought the first hour or so was absolutely brilliant at setting everything up. It really made me want to watch It Follows again, but I'm not sure if that's just because it features the work "It" in the title. Yes, I may really be that shallow.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28676 Post by Fienasre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 pm

It is in a lot of titles though... How do you respond to them? :ninja:

On another note. I am really tired today (it has been building up the last few days). So don't make special plans or alter plans to get some playtime, specifically for me, this evening.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28677 Post by Revolver » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Heh,I'm usually the same on Fridays. I have these great plans of playing until the small hours, sit on the sofa after dinner and just fall asleep. So gooooood.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28678 Post by Fienasre » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

Lol, I stopped thinking I could stay up gaming until the small hours of the night. Now I feel old for not even trying right now :ninja:

I did however play a lot of Oranges (up to the point of getting pissed about the game, so I gave up for now) and Diablo 3 (season stuff and well... best filler game ever)
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28679 Post by Revolver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Heh, I've just started playing some Diablo with my son. It's pretty good multiplayer on the same telly. I don't really remember trying that before.

Oh yeah, if you see me in a PS party playing Overwatch, it's not me. You're welcome to join the party, but there will be lots of fart jokes.

Nearly got my games room finished this weekend. Still looking kinda bland, but it's become my Skate 3 den now. I've played it loads this weekend. Best. Game. Ever.

Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28680 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 pm

How do you read the text in MHW with a tv so small?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.