Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28241 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I have another question..

So, whilst exercising these days, I'm still really fat so I'm also dieting. And my diet is very low carb. Like, REALLY low. I might go for days where the only carbs I eat could be the natural sugars in tomatoes, for example.

But I've started eating some small amount of carbs a few hours before doing exercise.

But, what do the carbs actually do? Is it just for energy, or do you also need carbs to rebuild your muscles after stressing them with exercise?

Should I eat carbs after exercise too? Would be the point of my question.

Could a lack of carbs be causing my dead leg? But if so, why is it only 1 leg?

I have tried to internet these things and no one can agree on anything at all. Which does beg the question as to why I would expect a more definitive answer here, but oh well.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28242 Post by Revolver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:46 pm

I know nothing about diet. You've seen me eat, so I suppose you weren't expecting an answer from me. :)

Grats on the running stuff purchase, Fien. I should probably do all that the next time I need some trainers. I still just use my old ones. Don't tell Shin. Or Jeym - I bet he's a running shoe connoisseur as well.

Saw Blade Runner in the cinema today. It was AMAZING. Like, proper AMAZING. I'm fairly sure I've never seen it in the cinema before. The sound was spectacular. Such a good film. Damn.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28243 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Your shoes are probably why your hip hurts when you run. Even I have proper running shoes that were selected for me by running in a running shop.

I just went to a sports clothes shop to buy a helmet. They had 5 different types, all of them £85. EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS.

So obviously I'd rather a fractured skull and still have £85.

But I did find one in another shop. Although most of them were £15 and the only one that fit me was £35 cos it has a stupid light in the back..

I also looked at loads of wet/winter running and cycling clothes. But I don't think they make that sort of stuff for fat people. Understandably.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28244 Post by Revolver » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:18 pm

35 sounds about right for a helmet. My best one (which is awesome) was 55. Some of the weird road ones are crazy money but the gains are minimal. You just want something to stop your head cracking open if you fall off.
Stealth is an option.

jeym

#28245 Post by jeym » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Definitely a good call to go to a proper running shop for gait analysis etc. I've had Asics for years and get on really well with them - 500 miles is a very rough guide to how long they should last (Strava logs the miles for you if you want) but really you want to keep an eye on how worn down the soles are and - frankly - if you start getting injuries or niggles when nothing else has changed with your training.

jeym

#28246 Post by jeym » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm

What's everyone playing at the moment, or been playing?

Approaching the end of w3: Blood and Wine and looking around ...

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28247 Post by Revolver » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Didn’t you play Horizon? That was one of my favourites recently. I’m grinding my way through Quantum Break on the Bone, but it’s not great at all. I should probably give up and trade it back in.

Shadow of Mordor is next week. Looks pretty nice, although I gave up with the first one after a while.

There’s always Elite. One day. One day.
Stealth is an option.

jeym

#28248 Post by jeym » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Yeah Horizon was EXCELLENT.

I thought the first Shadow was fun but I'm thinking I've maybe got to switch it up from action RPGs for awhile

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28249 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:19 pm

The new AC looks interesting. That's out in 3 weeks.

Back from BR2049. Mrs Troy, who hated the first one, thought it was AMAZING.

I really liked it. Visually incredible. And the story is a vast improvement over the original. It's pretty slow paced but once again, that might be my back pain talking. I think if I had one small complaint, I would have liked to see more of Jared Leto's character. He's barely in it but seemed quite interesting.

9/MM for me. Mrs Troy liked it even more, I think.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28250 Post by Revolver » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 am

Envious that you got to see it. I miiiight get to see it next week. We watched Ghost In The Shell again instead, which I really liked again.

Set up my PS4, even though I’ll have to dismantle it again in a week or so. Now I just need to play something.
Stealth is an option.