Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28721 Post by Revolver » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 am

Yeah, the weather was AMAZING today. Supposed to return to normal tomorrow though. How long is he there for?
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28722 Post by Glombeard » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 am

they'll be there till friday when they fly back home. they sent us some pictures of the school (..college..i've no clue) it looks really a nice place.

anyway they're 40 thirteen-year-old boys and girls, it'll be a mess when they leave.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#28723 Post by Glombeard » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Sunday evening we'll go and watch The Shape of Water. Any of you went already or planned to go?
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28724 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Not us.

I'm sure we'll see Black Panther rather than TSOW if we manage to go this weekend.

I'm sure TSOW is a better film but for the big screen? Black Panther for me.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28725 Post by Revolver » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Yeah, same. TSOW is definitely a sofa movie for me, even though it's supposed to look AMAZING.

Oh yeah, we went to the recording of the 300th Empire Podcast in London last week. That was a lot of fun.

I've been without my proper TV for over a week. It kept rebooting, so they took it away to repair it, and I finally get it back today. The set they loaned us is terrible. It's a super-cheap Samsung model, and everything just looks awful. Really makes you appreciate a good quality picture.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28726 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Holy crap that's a good month.

In other news, my horse died (yes, I accidentally killed it) in Skyrim this morning, and I didn't bother re-loading. What have I become?!
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28727 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Damn I lost my post.

It went something like..

We saw the Shape of Water*. I wasn't impressed. I mean it was fine, I suppose, but best picture? really? The fish man had no character at all. I think I would have cared more if it had been an animal being kept in chains like that. And I didn't like the woman either. The only good characters were the ones that actually you know, said stuff.

And we also saw Three Billboards. That was a better film for me but even that's not best picture material. And Sam Rockwell? Do me a favour. It's not hard to play "drunken idiot". Johnny Depp does it every other year.

*Black Panther screens still full. TSOW was preferable over being front row at the side.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28728 Post by Revolver » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

I really liked 3 Billboards. But yeah, Sam's character was a really well played dick, but still just a dick.

Anyway, on Friday I went film shopping, and took home a whole bunch of awesome stuff for us to watch, including...

The Villainess, Thor:Raggers, Your Name, Get Out, Blade Runner 2049, and a couple of others.

Mrs. Rev had only seen Thor out of that lot, so I was looking forward to showing her all those other great films/

So on Friday night we watched xXx: The Return of Xander Cage.

Yes, really.

/sigh

Anyway, we watched Thor on Saturday afternoon with the kids, and it was AMAZING again. By far the most entertaining Marvel movie for me. Also the Devil's Anus is perhaps the funniest thing ever for an 8 year old boy.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28729 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:00 pm

I really want to watch Get Out again. Kind of like how you want to watch Sixth Sense again, watching for all the clues they gave you.

Never heard of The Villainess.

And never seen either XXX. There are just 2 right?

In other unrelated facts - did you know I've never seen Old Boy?

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28730 Post by Revolver » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm assuming you mean the original Old Boy. Nobody has seen the remake, have they? I've only seem the original once. I don't think I even own it. If it's on Netflix, we should totally watch it this weekend.

I've seen Get Out twice now, and it's just awesome. Will watch it again one night this week, I think. Glad it managed to pick something up at the Oscars.

I think there was a second XXX, maybe not with Vin Diesel, hence the subtitle of the latest one. Maybe. Or maybe it was just that he died in the first one or something. I remember quite liking the first one, actually. Obviously not enough to remember if he dies in it, though. Re-watch required.

Edit: xXx: State of the Union (2005)
The film was released on April 29, 2005, which stars Ice Cube as Darius Stone, a new agent in the Triple X program, who is sent to Washington, DC to defuse a power struggle amongst national leaders.

Guess that explains why Ice Cube turns up in the new one, and it's treated like kind of a big deal. I just thought it was kind of a big deal because he was Ice Cube.
Stealth is an option.