Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28841 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Dark Souls on Switch moved back to "summer", so probably September or something. Gutting.

I might have to get something else now, as I'm pretty much done with Skyrim I think.
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28842 Post by Glombeard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm

i watched Lost in Space S1

it's clearly well made, but i think they missed the shot for it to be great, i guess they produced it for young age target...
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28843 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 pm

I nearly quit half way through episode 1.

I still didn't think it was great but there was probably enough at the end to make me watch episode 2.

The trouble is, I've watched hardly anything for months. So my backlog is insane. Lost in Space can't compete with any of it.

I'm looking at my saved TV:

10 Arrow
8 Bates Motel (don't watch this it's terrible)
2 Billions
4 The Deuce
3 The Exorcist
9 The Flash
3 The Gifted (I think I failed to record them though)
10 Homeland (Probably position #1 for the next thing I watch. Except that Westworld is coming.)
2 Killing Eve (Not started yet)
5 Knightfall (I think I've quit)
4 Krypton (Not started yet)
8 The Orville (It's ok but I won't ever watch them)
10 Preacher
3 Salvation (Like The Gifted, I think I've quit I just haven't deleted them yet). Actually, this is on Netflix so I can safely delete them.
5 Stargate Origins (No idea even what this is. Is it a cartoon?)
16 Suits (Season 6 Suits that is. Not started s7)
5 Supernatural
3 Trust (Not started yet)
12 The Walking Dead (bloody hell, 12 already).
8 The X Files

And this doesn't even count Netflix stuff. Which is mostly Jessica Jones to be fair.

So many monsters. So little time.

I just totted them up - I could easily watch all of that in my MHW play time.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28844 Post by Revolver » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 pm

That's a lot of telly.

I started watching Breaking Bad again yesterday. I've no idea why. I mean, apart from it being AMAZING. But there's so much good telly out there that I've never watched. I'll be back on Quantum Leap soon, I expect.

I also watched La La Land again this week, and I'm half way through re-watching Monsters. And yes, there are loads of great films on Netflix that I've never seen.

Comfort viewing FTW.

Happy God of War day! Woo. Definitely trading Far Cry for it. I tried a couple of Arcade levels last night, but they're no fun. I enjoyed driving around sweeping up sidequests for the past few nights, though... ending spoiler...

Spoiler!
even though it makes NO SENSE AT ALL. I mean, they've sort of tried, a tiny bit, by having some NPCs burning the dead, etc. but still, everything is completely intact. It's nonsense.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28845 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I hate you all for bumping the Westworld topic. I need to sort my subscriptions out.

I have just started watching Godless on the train, though. Seems ok so far, but nothing special. Bear McC did the music.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28846 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Can't you just watch it on Now TV or whatever it's called? I mean it'll cost you £20 or something but better than subscribing to Sky. I have no idea if that's a thing. It sounds like a thing though.

For us, Mrs Troy works for let's say Virgin TV. If Virgin had all the channels rather than just most of the channels. So the regular cable TV is free. But then we also get points to spend on premium services, for example, HBO Now.

So we can spend our points on HBO while WW is on. And change it back when it's finished.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28847 Post by Revolver » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Yeah, we can get Now TV for a couple of months. Might wait until there are a few episodes out, though.

Your system sounds pretty cool.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28848 Post by Revolver » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am

Fell off my bike yesterday. Working from home today, just tried to play some God of War, and my hand hurts too much to move the thumb stick. Gutting. I wonder if there are accessibility controls that let you play one-handed??
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28849 Post by Fienasre » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Nothing broken just something sprained, hopefully? Sports are horrible for your health, right?

It's a shame you can't play GoW because it's a great game! I'm not that far in yet but it looks AMAZING. I have to get used to the combat though. It's not as fluent as Bloodborne (the game I was playing before I bought GoW) in my hands yet.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28850 Post by Revolver » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Just sprained I hope, yeah. But cycling's awesome, and I can't wait to get back out there. Just my luck that I pick up an injury just as the dry weather appears. Other sports, though? I agree with you. :)

I'm a few hours in to GoW, and it pretty AMAZING. Looks soooo pretty. I'm getting the hang of the combat I think, although I've had a few fights already that I've had to try more than once. I find the combat really satisfying to play. That first big fight against SPOILER is awesome.

I've only just started upgrading stuff and using enchants, runes and things, and it's all still pretty overwhelming. Lots to learn.
Stealth is an option.