Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28271 Post by Revolver » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Fienasre wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:43 pm
Have you seen the weather forecast this weekend! If it stays this way, ofc.
Seen it? We arranged it!

;)
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28272 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

We watched The Dark Tower.

So the reviews said it was book 1 and then somewhat the ending of the story. It really isn't.

There is barely anything from the books at all. They even changed Roland's entire motivation for chasing Walter. For some reason. I can't even.

Anyway, so if you're a constant reader, and were hoping to see even a small part of this epic story brought to life, then you will be disappointed.

Having said that, I didn't think the film was terrible. The cast was great. Some of the action was ok. It could have done with more of Roland in our world because those parts worked really well.

So if you're like me, someone who doesn't mind if Star Trek isn't actually Star Trek, then I could see it scraping a 6. If you prefer your adaptations to be remotely faithful, then steer clear.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#28273 Post by Fienasre » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Steering clear. Thanks for the tip!
│o_

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28274 Post by Kelodur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 am

After finishing Dishonored 2, I've yet to engage in another game on the PS4. I've been trying both Star Wars Battlefront 2 Demo (which was mediocre, at best), and Gran Turismo Sport Demo (which felt like Gran Turismo 6,5 or 4 all over again but mostly multiplayer oriented... not necessarily a bad thing, but not for me either), without much enjoyment, and I've been playing some more Driveclub, just to check if my gut feeling that Gran Turismo felt slow-ish was true (and yes: it was. Driveclub is oh-so-much FASTER that it can actually scare me as I'm speeding at 250+ Km/h towards a red turn). Destiny 2 didn't grab me *that* much, but I'm playing it in a once in a while fashion. I think next game I'll try to finish will be Until Dawn, as I think I'm already halfway thru and it doesn't look like a very long game anyway :D.

On PC, I've been playing Endless Legend, which is a really enjoyable fantasy take on the 4x genre. It has all the usual stuff you expect from a Civ-like game, with a little bit more story than average, upgradable hero units, different races with different units, optional turn based combat (which is an hit and miss, but still can be fun on bigger engagements), a very nice way to handle expansion of the cities and all in all, it is quite good. I've also got a lot of expansions already (bought this some time ago in a sale), but I'm just trying it Vanilla-style for the first game.

I've been also playing a couple of Dota matches, because I've got no spine.

There isn't a single game coming out from now to the end of the year for a platform I have that I want. Time to play what I have.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28275 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 am

Not interested in AC:O?

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28276 Post by Revolver » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 am

I briefly tried the Gran Turismo demo. Didn't like it.

I also tried Fortnite, which was quite fun actually. I really liked hiding for 20 minutes and then getting 1-shotted.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#28277 Post by Fienasre » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Fortnite, that's on PS4, right? I like to watch the Eurogamer crew run around in PUBG but I don't think I would enjoy to play it myself. But well, Fortnite is F2P so might be worth a try...
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28278 Post by Revolver » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm

We can team up and play it! The first time I played it, I thought it was terrible. But it's actually quite addictive.
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#28279 Post by Kelodur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 am
Not interested in AC:O?
Last AC I've played was AC2, and I couldn't even finish that one. So, yeah, it looks great and I love ancient Egypt, but there's nothing in it that really makes me think I will actually sit down and play it this time.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28280 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Same here, except this one does look interesting to me.

Probably not at full price though, with my current finances..