Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Glombeard
Legend

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28741 Post by Glombeard » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 am

few days ago my 10 years old kid asked me about last star wars movie. she wanted to know if Rey is already a Jedi, who's going to train her and so on.. we ended wondering about the Title of the movie.

in italy it has been translated (yeah i know not just dubbed but even title translated and sometimes name changed) "Gli ultimi Jedi" as for "The Last Jedi(s)" plural noun.

now the point, which actually is the real meaning you get from it? is Jedi singular noun or it stays unchanged as plural? it's A last Jedi or it's meant to be unclear?
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28742 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, Jedi can be singular or plural in English, so you can't tell. I remember when the title was announced everybody was looking at the non-English titles to try and work it out, and they all used the plural (where it makes a difference).

The the broom guy is one of them, too.
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28743 Post by Glombeard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am

Glom's movie magazine news:

we had not any Kid basket match this weekend plus one night i couldn't sleep so:

i completed JJ S2, i have to say it didn't reach same level as S1. it was good, it digged deeply into main and secondary chars, which was good, but it missed the shot into the main story. side note, i could not care less about Trinity life at all.

i watched Jared Leto's OUTSIDER, which was barely watchable, boring level...

i started and reached halfway through Annihilation, for now it looks very good. can't wait to end it tonight.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28744 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm

It's maybe weird but I would never even consider watching half a movie. Not even on a plane or train.

But watching half an episode of something is totally fine.

Actually thinking about it, maybe watching half a movie you've already seen is also fine.

It's also weird that they decided to release it on Netflix because it's too complicated for cinema goers. People still go to the cinema to watch smart films, surely.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#28745 Post by Glombeard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm

i might have several ideas why i could stop watching a movie halfway, one involves my wife.

specifically last night it was late and i started feeling crap (heavy headache approaching) i might have ended it but i could have screwed the whole day today.

Glombeard
Legend

#28746 Post by Glombeard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:42 pm

no really, normally i wouldn't stop watching a movie. it has been a rare exception.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28747 Post by Revolver » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 am

Heh, didn’t read your posts yesterday, and then last night we watched half of Annihilation. Liking it a lot so far, but we started falling asleep and I didn’t want to miss it.

Will finish it off tonight. No spoilers please!
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#28748 Post by Glombeard » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:57 am

actually i have something to write about, i won't till you're ready, though my impressions about the second half have completely changed.

Glombeard
Legend

#28749 Post by Glombeard » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 pm

so afterall GoT final season will premiere in 2019.....very sad news...

Glombeard
Legend

#28750 Post by Glombeard » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm

AHAHA!! i've got only 2 words for you:

COBRA KAI
(2018-)